From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What's the story with 2.6.35 kernel?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:05:00
I upgraded several machines and some failed to boot 2.6.35, they just hang
after grub starts loading the kernel. Some of these I managed to fix by
comparing kernel configs with working machines, others dont work at all.

The worst case is one where Ive upgraded udev to the latest which only
works with kernels 2.6.25 or higher, and the last working kernel on that
machine is 2.6.24 (grr!). Wondering if I can download a binary package of
udev-149 from somewhere (or can I build it on another machine in a sandbox
and package it with quickpkg?). Im kind of under pressure to fix this box
but dont have udev-149 on any other machine available :-(

That'll teach me to upgrade to the latest and greatest too fast...