From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What's the story with 2.6.35 kernel?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:05:00
1 I upgraded several machines and some failed to boot 2.6.35, they just hang
2 after grub starts loading the kernel. Some of these I managed to fix by
3 comparing kernel configs with working machines, others dont work at all.
4
5 The worst case is one where Ive upgraded udev to the latest which only
6 works with kernels 2.6.25 or higher, and the last working kernel on that
7 machine is 2.6.24 (grr!). Wondering if I can download a binary package of
8 udev-149 from somewhere (or can I build it on another machine in a sandbox
9 and package it with quickpkg?). Im kind of under pressure to fix this box
10 but dont have udev-149 on any other machine available :-(
11
12 That'll teach me to upgrade to the latest and greatest too fast...
17 A