From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Sansa Clip+
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 01:25:51
1 On 02/19/2010 01:34 AM, sean wrote:
2 > Hello All,
3 >
4 > My son just purchased a Sansa Clip+ and from what I read it is supposed
5 > to be accessible in Linux, it would look like a USB drive for drag and drop.
6 >
7 > Anyway, I updated the firmware to the latest, and set the USB mode on
8 > the Clip+ to MSC.
9 >
10 > I am wondering if I need to setup support in the kernel, or something else?
11 >
12 > Any tips anyone?
13
14 I have a Sansa Fuze (in MSC mode) and I can confirm it's working as long
15 as I have "USB Mass Storage" support enabled in the kernel and my user
16 is in the "usb" and "plugdev" groups.
17
18 If that won't work, please do the following
19
20 dmesg -c (as root)
21
22 Now plug the device in and wait for about 10 seconds. Then:
23
24 dmesg
25
26 and post the output.