From: benedikt <mailing@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remote desktop to WinXP from Gentoo
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 20:12:55
1 if you use gnome, then use the remote desktop client
2 or use VNC, just install vnc-server on the laptop
3 emerge --vncviewer on your base
4
5 Am Sonntag, den 01.10.2006, 20:55 +0100 schrieb Mick:
6 > Hi All,
7 >
8 > I want to access remotely my father in law's laptop which is running WinXP to
9 > help him out with his IT problems.
10 >
11 > I assumed that krdc will do just that, but all it does is to ask me for the
12 > password for my kdewallet and then it fails. The error message tells me
13 > something about ensuring that remote desktop is properly installed. :-(
14 >
15 > Is there somewhere a How-to for me to follow, to be able to connect to a
16 > remote default installation WinXP PC, with no physical access to it, from my
17 > Gentoo machine?
18 >
19 > Failing a How-to, how do you do it?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list