From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] General weirdness - a tale of woe.
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 13:09:48
1 On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On 27/05/2015 14:31, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
5 > > On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk
6 > > <mailto:peter@××××××××××××.uk>> wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >> Hello list,
9 > >
10 > > Hi.
11 > >
12 > >> Over the last few weeks I've been having odd things go bump in the
13 > > night. This
14 > >> is a KDE amd64 system with /usr under / and no initrd.
15 > >
16 > > I have no idea what your problem can be. But as a friendly reminder,
17 > > your setup ("/usr under / and no initrd") hasn't been supported since at
18 > > least a year and a half.
19 >
20 > I read what Peter said to mean that he doesn't have /usr as a separate
21 > volume - it is directly under / ....
22
23 Oh, sorry, I understand the opposite.
24
25 Regards.
26 --
27 Canek Peláez Valdés
28 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias