From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome login panel how to disable restart and shutdown buttons
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:29:36
1 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Monday 26 April 2010 10:06:53 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > Using gdm when I am at the login screen there are two buttons --
6 > > restart and shutdown and if you push one by accident it does the
7 > > action without asking for any kind of password or any authentication
8 > > at all -- how do I fix this
9 >
10 > Use the keyboard instead. You already have your hands on it to type your
11 > password, no?
12 >
13 > > seems like a big security hole to me.
14 >
15 > To me it seems like rational behaviour. You tell it to shut down - it
16 > shuts down. Or do you want Gnome to be like Windows and challenge every
17 > action you give it?
20 I don't want a non-root user to be able to shut the computer down -- I
21 did it my mistake and its strange to have it there anyway -- least it
22 should do is ask for the root password.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici