From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: make oldconfig
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:16:01
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > James wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> It seems like I remember that 'make oldconfig' is not
6 >> needed any more, to pass the current (booted) kernel
7 >> option to the .config for building a new kernel.
8 >>
9 >> Of is 'make oldconfig' still a good idea?
10 >
11 > It's not needed, but a good idea to see if there are any new options.
14 Why is it not needed? I could have sworn that we touched on this a week
15 or two ago where somebody said that /proc/config.gz could be read by
16 make config but people nixed that.
19 Eric Martin
20 Key fingerprint = D1C4 086E DBB5 C18E 6FDA B215 6A25 7174 A941 3B9F