From: Gene Hannan <gjhannan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] portpeek and relative vs absolute path
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:33:30
1 I'm seeing a quirk in portpeek on one of two machines with similar
2 installations. Portpeek responds with, for example,
3
4 package.keywords:
5 Could not find file etc/portage/package.keywords
6
7 Note the absence of an initial slash. The program executes correctly
8 from "/" as a working directory.
9
10 The system is up to date, x86 with ~x86 as required for KDE-4.2 and a
11 handful of others. Python 2.5.4 is the only version installed, and the
12 behavior is the same with eselect-python-20090801 or -20090804.
13
14 I've tried simply re-emerging portage, portpeek, eselect, and
15 python-eselect with no effect, and seen the same behavior with
16 gentoo-sources-2.6.28-r5 and 2.6/30-r4.
17
18 My other machine with the same versions of the packages that are likely
19 to be related executes portpeek from any working directory, as did the
20 machine in question until a few weeks ago. Any tips on where to look next?