From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge: The following pkgs are causing rebuilds
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 01:02:16
1 On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:54:13 -0500
2 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > emerge output:
5 > The following pkgs are causing rebuilds:
6 > [list of pkgs]
7 >
8 > I suspect this ground has been covered in depth but finding a good
9 > discussion of what it means is a different story. So, is this bad
10 > news?
11
12 No, it's good news.
13
14 > Or something that needs my attention...?
15
16 Most of the time the rebuilds will be handled by portage without user
17 input. (Portage is old enough to be smart most of the time.)
18
19 What do I mean by "most of the time"?
20
21 I can't remember the last time I needed to intervene when I saw the
22 message "The following pkgs are causing rebuilds"
23
24 Why can't I remember the last time I typed the words "I can't
25 remember"?
26
27 > Maybe someone can point me at some documentation about this.
28
29 Sorry, I can't. But I can still remember how to post a question to
30 gentoo.user.