From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why isn't this SDcard mounting?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 21:27:45
1 > On 29 Aug 2017, at 19:15, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > ...
3 > This may have been mentioned already, but do you have sys-fs/udisks installed?
4
5 I did not.
6
7 > Check the output of udisksctl status/monitor/info and see what it reveals.
8 > Then check if you can mount the device with udiskctl.
9
10 Having installed it I got "Error connecting to the udisks daemon: Could not connect: No such file or directory" a few times, until it occurred to me to start dbus. This may be the first time I've ever done so.
11
12 I was then able to get a status and info for the drive.
13
14 I cannot mount the drive using `sudo mount -v /dev/sdb1 /mnt/tmp`, but I am able to do so using `udisksctl`:
15
16 $ sudo udisksctl mount -b /dev/sdb1
17 Mounted /dev/sdb1 at /run/media/root/6D18-12B4.
18 $
19
20 Unexpectedly I find 10MB of files on the device - the same size as the loopback device which previously claimed to be mounted (and 6MB less than the files I had intended to copy to it).
21
22 No /dev/sdb1 has been created.
23
24 There are aspects of this I still don't understand, but I am grateful to everyone who has provided their time.
25
26 Stroller.