From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mouse frozen
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:23:51
1 I had a weird thing happen today. I started up a clean vmware image with
2 vmplayer and was trying to grab the input and press F2 to set the boot
3 options. In the process of doing that, the mouse (PS/2) stopped working. I
4 couldn't move it, click it or anything. The keyboard (USB) was fine, so I
5 could release the input, but still it wouldn't move.
6
7 I could use the kbd to hop between my windows and get to a terminal, so
8 I killed all the vmware processes in the hopes that would help. No
9 luck.
10
11 So I killed my window manager (exiting X) and got to the command line.
12 I restarted X in the hopes it would work then. No luck.
13
14 I needed the mouse back and I was starting to run late for work so I
15 just did a reboot (ack!) and all is well. So I know it's not a hardware
16 issue...
17
18 I'm wondering two things:
19 1. Has anyone else ever had this happen?
20 2. What could I have done to "re-init" the mouse? I don't think there
21 are any kernel modules I could unload and load, at least I wasn't
22 able to identify any...
23
24 If anyone has anything I might be able to use, I'd sure appreciate
25 hearing it!
26
27 Thanks!
30 -M
31
32 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
33 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.