From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel updates
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:05:01
1 On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:42:25 +0100, Digby Tarvin wrote:
2
3 > Thats what wasn't clear to me. I assume this is a special case in that
4 > an 'update world' won't install new kernel sources by default?
5
6 It will, provided the existing kernel sources were emerged. Portage only
7 tracks software installed by itself. If you set the symlink USE flag, it
8 even creates a new /usr/src/linux symlink for you.
12 Neil Bothwick
13
14 Are you sure this isn't the time for a colorful metaphor?