From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerge
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 16:58:39
1 On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 12:41:37 -0400
2 Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I've got more years on gentoo that most of you.
5
6 I wonder how you determined that, but it doesn't matter; it's the
7 content of posts that reveal cluelessness quotient, not a clock.
8
9 > I only joined this list a few months ago because emerge was starting
10 > to cause problems
11
12 You joined the wrong list -- this one's for helping each other.
13 Unfortunately, I don't know what is the right list for informing the
14 world that portage is malicious and out to get you.
15
16 > I am speaking from many years of experience with weekly updates when I
17 > tell you that ubuntu-style "update everything while I go play Space
18 > Invaders" (Or Kerbal Space Program) absolutely does work unless emerge
19 > decides to get stupid and look for excuses not to do what you asked it
20 > to.
21
22 That's funny, IME portage is better at automagically resolving blockers
23 than it ever was in the past. Then again, I don't know how it was
24 before 2001.
25
26 (Sorry, everyone. I'll try to quit feeding it, I promise.)