From: Jeroen Mathon <jeroenmathonmac@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about genkernel's default kernel config
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 07:48:28
1 I have used genkernel for my initramfs.
2
3 The dracut one seems to hang on a kernel panic(Implying that it did not
4 load the correct modules for luks and lvm).
5
6 Besides the size of your initramfs should not matter since its only used
7 to mount the partitions and do the pre-kernel loading.
10 The only thing that you will win by making your own initramfs would be
11 size and boot speed.
12
13 Correct me if im wrong btw.