From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how can I execute a bash command afterebuild is over
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 01:14:48
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 02 Aug 2014 17:15:51 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > OK, here is my problem -- I want to execute a command before and another
6 > > command after an ebuild. I see how to execute a command before using
7 > > /etc/portage/env/category/packagename, but I can't figure out to execute
8 > > something after the ebuild is done. Basically, I need to change the
9 > > opengl interface during the compile of webkit-gtk, otherwise I get this
10 > > hanging process.
11 >
12 > Look at the recent thread about sending notifications after an ebuild
13 > completes, that can be applied to running any command by defining hooks
14 > in /etc/portage/bashrc.
15
16 I had forgotten about that -- thanks.
19 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
20 How do
21 you spend it?
22
23 John Covici