From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FIle type recognition in Gnome
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:27:55
1 On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 00:15 +0000, amar.cosic@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Hello list
3 >
4 > I have this weird issue with Gnome and diferent file types. For ex. if
5 > I double click on .avi file it try's to open it with document viewer
6 > (gedit i guess). And If I go right click>properties>open with> then
7 > chose Movie player.. then it opens .avi in Totem. But thing is after
8 > that it will try to open every file type in Totem ie. .txt .zip .. Its
9 > like it doesnt recognize and assign right aplication to file type. Any
10 > sugestions on this?
13 I've never seen this before. Something is really messed up. BTW
14 "Document Viewer" is usually Evince.
15
16 Well you didn't specify what version of GNOME you are using. Perhaps
17 your
18 ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list, /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache or /usr/share/application-registry is hosed.
19
20 -a