From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xdm wont start
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:32:31
1 Am Mittwoch 08 Juli 2009 19:24:01 schrieb Kevin O'Gorman:
2
3 > I do have xinit, which installs /etc/init.d/xdm.
4
5 That's only the init-script and its config file.
6
7 > I see no ebuild
8 > called xdm, so if there's something else I need, please tell me.
9
10 # paludis -q xdm
11 * x11-apps/xdm
12 gentoo: 1.1.8* {:0}
13 Homepage: http://xorg.freedesktop.org/
15 Use flags: -debug -ipv6 pam Build Options: -optional_tests
16 split strip
19 > Note that the path it's complaining about is something in /usr/bin,
20 > and that indeed could be the problem.
21
22 Well, yes. That's where package xdm installs xdm into.
23
24 Bye...
25
26 Dirk