From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 22:16:18
1 On 09/10/2020 20:19, Jude DaShiell wrote:
2 > available profiles
3 > eselect profile list
4 > returns three profiles I might use all in the 17.0 version number.
5 > stable, desktop, and desktop-gnome. I suspect stable would return a
6 > console environment, desktop-gnome would get a gnome desktop, but how is
7 > desktop different from desktop-gnome?
8 > Maybe even better could eselect give this information if given the correct
9 > parameters?
10 >
11 Well, Gnome is not the only desktop ...
12
13 I'm not sure what profiles are there, but I'd use desktop-kde-systemd,
14 and add -gnome -gtk to my USE list. I can't stand gnome.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Wol