From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: qemu-kvm setup questions
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:17:51
1 On 07/01/2010 08:53 PM, walt wrote:
2
3 > The big advantage of virtualbox is their creation of the "guest-additions"
4 > that allow for trivially easy sharing of files on the host machine with the
5 > guest machine.
6 >
7 > The catch is that the virtualbox "guest additions" are custom-built for each
8 > individual guest OS, and I don't know if OS/2 is one of the supported OS's
9 > in virtualbox.
10
11 I just checked the latest guest additions iso file and it does indeed have
12 support for OS/2. I have nothing against qemu-kvm, but virtualbox's guest
13 additions really do make life easier for file sharing and other nice things
14 like not capturing the mouse pointer and being able to resize the guest
15 window without changing the screen resolution of the guest.