From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Stuck on enabling drm for xorg-server.
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:05:41
1 I'm running Gentoo on a 5-year-old Presario 2200 series with onboard intel
2 graphics card. I've managed to get everything working on it so far, with the
3 exception of xorg+dri. I *think* I've compiled everything into the kernel
4 that needs to be for intel's GMA graphics cards (I have an 852/855 card, if
5 that helps you any). For testing purposes, I reboot the system, and modprobe
6 all the modules I'm told I need to in order to get drm up and running
7 (agpgart, intel-agp, drm, i915), but I still get "unable to open display"
8 when I try to run glxinfo. The card itself is PCI, if that makes any kind of
9 difference. I'm probably having an idiot moment (it *is* just now coming up
10 on 6:00 in the morning over here), so I'm entirely open to the possibility
11 I'm going entirely the wrong direction with this. Any pointers would be
12 greatly appreciated. It should be noted that, per an article on the gentoo
13 wiki archive (the only one about intel GMA cards I could find), I've
14 compiled both AGP support as well as DRM into the kernel, the former as a
15 module (currently loaded, along with everything else mentioned above), in
16 spite of the fact the card itself is PCI. If you need any further info, I'll
17 be more than happy to provide it. Thank you in advance for anything you can
18 tell me.