From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I get a core dump from seg-faulting software?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:27:24
1 Hello, Rich.
2
3 On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 15:23:53 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 10:55 AM Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
5
6 > > But still, no dump. :-(
7
8 > > What am I missing?
9
10 > Are you using systemd? It has a mechanism to consolidate core dumps
11 > to a system directory with a tool to view/debug them and retention
12 > policies. I think that all is enabled by default, but it has been a
13 > while since I touched it. If it is enabled then that might explain
14 > why dumps aren't where you expect them.
15
16 No, I'm on openrc. I think tastytea's answer will work.
17
18 Thanks!
19
20 > --