From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommendation: well linux-supported inkjet printers
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 04:00:10
1 I agree: I have a Dell720 - a re-badged lexmark thrown in when I bought
2 a laptop. A real pain to set up, had to get a propriety driver but is
3 now working and windoze ipp prints to it using the adobe postscript
4 drivers. One (and only one!) doze machine will only print greyscale
5 tho! Unfortunately my old canon bjc620 has died (probably because I had
6 to move to reinked cartidges - beware!) so this will have to do for the
7 moment. Print quality is good. I also believe Dell have changed the
8 cartidge shape so the cheaper, easier to get lexmark cartridges wont fit
9 - though my friendly "reinker" says he can do them (shudder...)
10
11 BillK