From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnupg (probably) FAQs
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:53:24
1 Hi All,
2
3 I think I am getting a bit mixed up with gpg and how it is used in
4 Gentoo. So, I am asking (sorry if some of this is repetitive) some
5 Q's in no particular order in the hope of clearing things out in my
6 head:
7
8 1. What is the relationship between gpg-agent and ssh-agent? Do I need both?
9
10 2. How can I get the gpg-agent to start if I do not use KDM, but XDM
11 with fluxbox? (I added eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)" in my ~/.xsession
12 with no effect).
13
14 3. Some mail clients do not handle gpg signing very elegantly (as in
15 automatically). Neverhteless, the signature is presented as an
16 attachment. How can the recipient check the validity of the
17 signature? It would be useful to find this answer not just for Linux,
18 but also for M$Outlook.
19
20 4. I created two uids one for me@×××××.com and one for
21 me@another_domain.com. I thought that I would be able to switch
22 between uids depending on the domain that I use in Kmail. Things got
23 rather messed up thereafter. When I try to select a Signing key id
24 (Group properties on say a newsgroup/Identity/Signing key/Change) I
25 always get the me@another_domain.com as the uid, instead of the
26 me@×××××.com as a signature. How can I switch between uids?
27
28 5. When I revoke a uid is it also removed from the keyservers?
29
30 6. Is there a way of finding out what is kept with respect to my
31 sigs/uids on a keyserver?
32
33 I think that's enough for now. Thanks for any answers.
34 --
35 Regards,
36 Mick
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list