From: Justin R Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} vi line breaks
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 07:23:42
1 On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 04:25:09PM -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > This worked great for plain vi, but the problem persists with mutt.
3 > Any suggestions for mutt?
4
5 This is my mutt editor command. Suit it to your desires, although I
6 reccommend keeping the line breaks unless you know of a way to get mutt
7 to format the outgoing mail with line breaks instead of having vim do it
8 in line as it gets kind of tedious reformating the text when you have a
9 difficult email to write. (:
10
11 But even on this account I may be able to offer some knowledge. When
12 you need to reformat some text just select the text with <ctrl>-v or
13 <shift>-v or 'v' and do 'gq'.
14
15 $ grep editor ~/.muttrc
16 set editor="vim +/^$ -c 'set linebreak ft=mail'"
19 Justin
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list