From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: -fomit-frame-pointer switch
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 18:04:39
1 Justin <justin <at> j-schmitz.net> writes:
4 > As the wiki says
5
6 I cannot seem to find this reference in any of the wikis
7 I use for Gentoo, perhaps a url so I can read more?
10 > -fomit-frame-pointer tells gcc to omit frame pointers, freeing up an
11 > additional register on the CPU. This is mainly useful on x86 as most
12 > other arches, like AMD64, have it on by default at -O2 or greater
15 > you do not recompile anything, if you had -O2 or greater before.
18 WONDERFUL answer.
21 Thanks to all that responded.
24 James
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list