From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Midi problems...Oxygene 61 keyboard and neighbours]
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:30:19
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a problem with my midi setup, which mainly
4 consists of the following parts:
5
6 jackd
7 zynaddsubfx with a "jack aware" midi in and out
8 QJackCtrl
9 Qxygene 61 midi keyboard
10 (every software s up to date)
13 Normally I do as follows:
14 Switch on the Oxygene 61 keyboard
15 start QJackCtrl
16 start Zynaddsubfx
17
18 After opening the 'Connect'-dialog of QJackCtrl
19 Zynaddsubfx shows up under the 'Audio'-tab (for
20 audio output) and under the 'Midi'-Tab for its
21 midi channel in- and outputs.
22
23 However, the keyboard is missing under the 'Midi'-
24 tab in 98% of all cases.
25 The keyboard can be found under the 'Alsa'-Tab',
26 from which I have to connect it to 'midi_through',
27 go to the 'Midi'-tab and connect the 'midi_through'
28 there with zynaddsubfx.
29
30 I would like to find the keyboard under the 'Midi"-
31 tab also, since it is the purest midi device I have. :)
32 ...and it would frees the midi_through.
33
34 I played around with a2j, but it give me no changes.
35
36 Since I am newbie in this field ... I need the help
37 of an expert ;)
38
39 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
40
41 Best regards,
42 Meino