From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: default stage3 (was : [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:13:05
1 On 11/22/05, Robin <diilbert.atlantis@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > >
3 > > Gentoo has to be harder to use than other distros, you can't have full
4 > > control over the system and still have it do things automatically for
5 > > you.
8 Exactly, the computer can do amazing things, but in order to keep it
9 clean, specific and optmized, human intervention is crucial, its the
10 reason I have a job :) you just can't have a stable, reliable and
11 highly optmized system without messing with config files by hand. What
12 you can do is leave the work for the computer and it will give you a
13 "general" good option. "General" is not good enough for me, that's the
14 main reason I use Gentoo.
15
16 > I could not of said it any better.
17 > And of the distros I have used Gentoo is the best, although not my
18 > first. And I would not recommend it to novice unless they had/want a
19 > lot of time learning....
20 >
21 > My 2 cents ;)
22 >