From: Shaochun Wang <scwang@××××××.cn>
To: gentoo user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] eix-test-obsolete problem
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 02:51:06
1 I have an local overlay, which contains some ebuild written by myself or
2 copied from bugzilla.
3
4 When I execute eix-test-obsolete, it display the following wierd thing:
5
6 Installed packages with a version not in the database (or masked):
7
8 [I] app-misc/beagle (0.3.3[?]@02/27/08): Search tool that ransacks
9 your personal information space to find whatever you're looking for
10 [I] net-ftp/proftpd (1.3.1[?]@02/20/08): An advanced and very
11 configurable FTP server.
12 [I] x11-misc/qterm (0.4.1[?]@03/07/08): QTerm is a BBS client in Linux.
13 [1] /usr/local/portage
14
15 And I also notice that when I execute command update-eix, the following is printed:
16 Reading Portage settings ..
17 Building database (/var/cache/eix) ..
18 [0] "gentoo" /usr/portage/ (cache: metadata)
19 Reading 100%
20 [1] "" /usr/portage/local/layman/sajinet (cache: none)
21 Reading 100%
22 [2] "berkano" /usr/portage/local/layman/berkano (cache: none)
23 Reading 100%
24 [3] "" /usr/local/portage (cache: none)
25 Reading 100%
26 Applying masks ..
27 Database contains 12454 packages in 152 categories.
28
29 It seems that there is no cache in the portage overlays, so update-eix
30 can't get the package information in these overlay.
31
32 What can I do to get the local overlay picked by eix?
35 Shaochun Wang <scwang@××××××.cn>
36
37 Jabber: fungusw@××××××.org
38 --