From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: dependencies problem...
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:50:13
1 Jarry writes:
2
3 > Mark Knecht wrote:
4
5 > >> * In order to avoid breakage of link level dependencies, one or more
6 > >> * packages will not be removed. This can be solved by rebuilding the
7 > >> * packages that pulled them in.
8 > >> *
9 > >> * dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r3 pulled in by:
10 > >> * sys-apps/file-4.23
11 > >> * sys-libs/cracklib-2.8.13
12 > >> *
13 [...]
14 > >> I tried "revdep-rebuild", but it did not solve this problem.
15 > >> How can I solve it?
16 > >
17 > > Maybe
18 > > emerge -pv1DuN file cracklib
19 > >
20 > > to rebuild them with more recent libraries and then --depclean to get
21 > > rid of old stuff that's not needed anymore?
22 >
23 > It does nothing:
24
25 Leave out the -u - you already have the current version installed, so an
26 update does nothing. And re-emerge sys-apps/file while you are at it. I
27 would just issue this: emerge -1a sys-apps/file sys-libs/cracklib
28 This builds file and cracklib, using the new python - I assume you have a
29 newer version than 2.5.4-r3 installed? If not, I do not understand the
30 depclean message.
31
32 Wonko