From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does UEFI needs seperate /boot partition?
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 10:41:15
1 > As UEFI needs a FAT partition /boot/efi/efi,
2 > can I create it from my previous /boot partition?
3
4 I haven't tried it yet - my /boot and /boot/efi are still two seperate
5 partitions on my sys - but in theory it should work just fine with only
6 a UEFI partition as the UEFI bootloader just loads the grub2 loader (I
7 don't know what it's called, sorry. but I mean the grubx64.efi file) and
8 then grub2 loads the rest. grub2 does not care where the stuff is, it
9 just needs to know where to find the files (and maybe load some extra
10 modules if you keep your files on a rare filesystem, raid, lvm, etc...).