From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New gentoo installation fails when trying to install syslog-ng
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:28:48
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wednesday, 14. September 2011 08:01:56 Trifu Catalin Florin wrote:
4 > Hi everyone!
5 >
6 > I have a big problem trying to install Gentoo. I have completed all the
7 > steps from the manual, as I have did it so many times, and I'm stuck trying
8 > to install syslog-ng. The machine is very old, it has an Athlon processor
9 > and 256MB of RAM, but it worked fine with gentoo. The error can be seen
10 > bellow:
11 > <snip>
12 > The same error I get for vixie-cron.
13
14 this is sys-devel/autoconf failing, building some emacs related things.
15 Try
16 USE="-emacs" emerge -av1 sys-devel/autoconf
17
18 If that works, add
19 "sys-devel/autoconf -emacs"
20 to /etc/portage/package.use
21
22 > Some other things worth mentioning:
23 > - portage didn't request for an update
24
25 What version is installed?
26
27 > - mirrorselect -i -o faild with error: cannot download a list of mirrors or
28 > something similar.
29
30 No idea.
31
32 > I will really appreciate your help as my "server" is down for two days now.
33 > Thank you!
34 > Best regards!
35
36 Regards,