From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] terrible performance with btrfs on LVM2 using a WD 2TB green drive
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:48:53
1 On Tuesday 15 March 2011 13:37:46 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I have recently added a WD 2TB green drive to two systems and am finding
3 > terrible performance with btrfs on an LVM using these drives.
4 >
5 > I just saw on the mythtv list about the sector size problem these drives
6 > have where they have poor performance unless you can map the partitions
7 > onto certain sector boundaries.
8 >
9 > My problem is that LVM2 is not supported in parted which is the
10 > recommended tool to deal with this.
11 >
12 use google. fdisk is fine.