From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Convert quickpkg of udev-171-r10 to local overlay...
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:41:44
1 Googled and can't seem to find an answer to this...
2
3 I've had FEATURES="buildpkg" for some time on my system, so I already
4 have udev-171-r10 quickpkg'd...
5
6 But for the life of me, I can't seem to find instructions for how to
7 convert /usr/portage/packages/sys-fs/udev-171-r10.tbz2 to an ebuild that
8 I can then add to my local overlay...
9
10 Can this be done with the quickpkg command, or some other portage
11 tool/command? Or do I have to
12
13 Anyone know how to do this?
14
15 I'm basically using this udev event to learn a little about how quickpkg
16 works, so, since udev-171 is no longer in the portage tree, I want to
17 convert my quickpkg of it to an ebuild in my local overlay so my mask
18 will work again... then I'll back everything up, and do the update to
19 udev...