From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <lists@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] For the benefit of John Laremore
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:32:07
1 On Tuesday 30 May 2006 10:23, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > On 5/29/06, Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Open up your e-mail client.
4 > >
5 > > In the To: box type the following:
6 > >
7 > > gentoo-user-unsubscribe@g.o
8 > >
9 > > You don't need a subject or anything in the body. Send the e-mail.
10 > > You'll be unsubscribed. Trust me! I've unsubscribed and resubscribed a
11 > > number of times! However, you have to do this yourself!
12 >
13 > I usually would not reply to a subject like this, but I just gotta
14 > talk to you people about this guy, John. Let's assume this lame uses
15 > his real name at this emails from spammer hotmail site. Nowadays, the
16 > web is a great source of information, and right now, Gmane and a lot
17 > of other websites that keep track of this and other mailing lists has
18 > a copy of his stupid message, meaning his name is at least in 4
19 > different indexed and searchable places over the net, just wait for
20 > Google's crawler and he got himself a nice portfolio of bullshit said
21 > with no cause to a serious mailing list.
22 >
23 > Now, let's assume this guy has a job, or even that one day he might
24 > want to become something other than a farmer or janitor, and thus,
25 > will present a curriculum to its future employer. Now, assume his
26 > future or current boss searches the web for his name, out of
27 > curiosity, and BUM! The first hit is filled with grammar errors (note
28 > that I'm brazilian, and even for me that was bad english) and words
29 > like "bullshit", "nasty" and "fucking".
30 >
31 > Would you hire him or keep him working for you?
34 I lived most of my life as an American farmer, we don't want him either!
38 Michael W. Holdeman
42 Powered by Gentoo Linux www.gentoo.org |
43 Kernel 2.6.15-ck2 |
44 VMWare Workstation 5.5.1 vmware.com |
45 Win4LinPro 6.1.1-03 win4lin.com |
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list