From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost KDE
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 01:54:23
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > I don't have that package. I'm emerging it now.... it pulls in 5
5 > other things I don't have currently...
6 >
7 > I looked into emerge.log, and find that I lost kdebase-startkde on
8 > June 11, during my first emerge --depclean, along with about 300 other
9 > packages. I never missed any of them until now.
10 >
11 > YAYYY... After emerging kdebase-startkde, I'm logging in again with
12 > KDE. Thanks, Dale.
15 > --
16 > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
17
18 Kewl!! Glad to have helped. You may want to set buildpkg in make.conf
19 and then next time you will have the binary that you built before to
20 install. It doesn't have to compile since it was already done. I had
21 to use that a while back. Look in make.conf example for more features
22 too. To install that, use the -k option.
23
24 Glad you got it going and I could help. I sure have had a LOT of help
25 given to me.
26
27 Dale
28