From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:56:06
1 On 15/06/2016 13:50, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. I am looking at grub2 as a possible boot loader -- I have been
3 > using lilo for years, but one thing puzzles me -- there seems to be no
4 > grub command, I don't see it in the list of files and typing grub does
5 > nothing. I have not run grub-install yet, but I would like to know what
6 > is happening.
7 >
8 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12 There has never been a command called grub in any version as it's not
13 lilo. There is simply no commonality between lilo and grub, so I suggest
14 you forget everything you know about lilo when studying grub.
15
16 You ask a very basic question. That is best answered by finding articles
17 on grub on gentoo wiki, reading them then coming back with more specific
18 questions if any
19
20 Alan