From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-haskell/{cabal,haxml} -- runaway memory hog
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 23:34:31
1 On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:51:15 -0800, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > > What if you tried deleting HaXML from /var/lib/portage/world and
4 > > then remerging it? It would skip the `prerm` action and just
5 > > overwrite everything.
6 >
7 > Nah, no luck. Emerge -p shows it still knows that haxml is a remerge,
8 > not a merge from scratch. Whether I try an unmerge or a merge, it
9 > still has the prerm phase and it still gobbles memory.
10
11 You'd need to delete it fro the package database in /var/db/pkg. That
12 would convince portage that it wasn't installed, but I have no idea what
13 side effects this may produce with this package... if any.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Top Oxymorons Number 25: New York culture