From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] unstable glib pulled down, but why?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:39:24
Hi,

It is probably a dumb blunder of mine, but it seems that there is
something weird with glib on my world file.

emerge -pv world fails with:

---

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=dev-libs/glib-2.16" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
request:
- dev-libs/glib-2.16.3 (masked by: package.mask)
/usr/portage/local/layman/desktop-effects/profiles/package.mask:
#
# <jmbsviceto@g.o> (9 February 2008)
# glib-2.15 breaks some packages

- dev-libs/glib-2.16.2 (masked by: package.mask, ~x86 keyword)
- dev-libs/glib-2.16.1 (masked by: package.mask, ~x86 keyword)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
(dependency required by "dev-cpp/glibmm-2.16.1" [ebuild])

---

Now, I have a bunch of unmasked stuff in package.keywords, but I've
*not* unmasked glibmm ~x86 or other glib related stuff. So why is a x86
glibmm pulling down ~x86 stuff/why is an unstable glibmm being pulled
down? By what?

By the way: I find the fact "emerge -pv" just fails in those cases
extremly annoying. Shoudn't it report the error, skip offending packages
but let me see what can be happily merged independently of that?

m.