From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:50:08
1 Heiko Nock wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 09:46:41PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I've just read your outdated page
5 >> It is not outdated. Since more than a year, there is no visible development
6 >> in cdrkit.
7 >
8 > Not visible to you. cdrkit-1.1.8 at http://cdrkit.org/releases/ is
9 > dated 25.05.2008. It would be prudent for them to bring their website
10 > up-to-date, though.
11 >
12 >> So I asume that they did not add new bugs.
13 >
14 > Maybe you should assume less and research more.
15 >
16 >>> <http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html>. Where you
17 >>> listed specific bugs, I see they don't affect me (and can't imagine
18 >>> they'd affect most users). Most of what you cite as bugs are just
19 >>> features they haven't implemented yet (and for all I know, they
20 >>> have since you wrote that page).
21 >> This is obviously FUD: Just because you don't already know that you
22 >> are affected does not mean that you are not affected.
23 >
24 > Of course not. Even the linux-kernel mailing-list hasn't seen your
25 > light, yet.
26 >
27 >> It would be fun to see you in 5 years after your then current OS
28 >> won't read your DVDs anymore because of the bugs in the filesystem
29 >> structure.
30 >
31 > It would be fun if you would finally stop trolling forums, newsgroups
32 > and mailing-lists and keep your FUD and ego problems to yourself. You
33 > obviously take it as a personal insult that cdrtools was snubbed by
34 > some distributions and that somebody else is working on a replacement.
35 > Your constant ridicule and insults of a project you shouldn't care
36 > about at all is very telling, considering the alleged superiority of
37 > your own project.
38 >
39 > Thankfully, the GPL allows forks to eventually get rid of project
40 > leaders like you.
43 I think it would be in everyone's best interests if we let this thread
44 die now, I've been reading this thread for the past 2 or 3 days and
45 frankly, it doesn't seem to be bringing anything of use to the ML.
46
47 I don't want to get involved or takes anyone's side, but maybe the more
48 mature readers can just let it go :) I doubt anyone will miss any
49 benefit of this thread continuing.
50
51 Just want to help keep this list with its feet on the ground :)
54 Matt
55 --
56 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list