From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning up world
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:31:43
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 >
3 > Look into /usr/portage/profiles/base/packages.
4 > Everything in there must not be in your world file.
5 >
6 > Afterwards start the big deleting. You have gnome installed? Remove everything
7 > X11, glib, gtk from world. kde? qt does not belong there.
8 >
9 > With a little bit of thinking you can reduce world A LOT.
12 I find
13
14 sys-devel/gcc
15
16 in my world file. It is listed in ...base/packages too. How exactly do I
17 remove it from world? Just edit the world file by removing the
18 sys-devel/gcc line and do a revdep-rebuild --ignore followed by a emerge
19 --depclean ?
20
21 Thanks for inputs; I don't want to break my system.
24 Valmor