From: Marc Blumentritt <M.Blumentritt@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openldap: taking too much of time to authenticate
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:44:25
1 bijayant kumar schrieb:
2 > Hi Marc,
3 > First of all i want to thank you for your response. I tried everything which you have suggested to me, but unfortunately it didnot worked for me. It still taking 15 to 20 seconds to authenticate. Does it takes too much time or i am doing something wrong. Please help me. I am doing this from last 8 days. And one more thing i want to know, how would i know that user is authenticated via the ldap not the system.
6 15-20 seconds is to long. I only authentificate ldap-users via
7 Samba-login with windows machines, and this works fast without any delay.
8
9 For the authentification issue: if your user is in the local user data
10 base, it is authentificated against it (depending on your nsswitch and
11 pam settings), if he is in ldap, he is authentificated against ldap. You
12 should't have users in both, local and ldap.
13
14 I looked again at your access rules in slapd.conf: try out these rules:
17 -----
18
19 access to attrs=userPassword,gecos,description,loginShell
20 by dn="uid=root,ou=people,dc=kavach,dc=blr" write
21 by anonymous auth
22 by self write
23 by * none
24
25 access to *
26 by dn="uid=root,ou=people,dc=kavach,dc=blr" write
27 by users read
28
29 -----
30
31 The first rule allows root to and self to change the attributes
32 "userPassword,gecos,description,loginShell", anonymous to authentificate
33 (=login!) and * nothing.
34
35 The second rule allows root to change all other attributes and
36 authentificated users to read all other attributes.
37
38 Regards,
39 Marc
40 --