From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Removing KDE 3.5? Or reason to keep it around?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:41:40
1 On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:21:00 -0800 (PST), BRM wrote:
2
3 > From what I've read in the past, modifying 'world' would be a big
4 > no-no, and very risky - so I never touched it - also why I never really
5 > ran 'emerge --depclean', which is reporting some 400 packages to remove
6 > now that I've got that cleaned up.
7
8 It's a list of packages you want installed on the system. Editing it
9 doesn't even remove anything, and if --depclean subsequently does, it's
10 hardly risky, since these are only user packages. You can break a system
11 by editing world because the critical packages aren't in there.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Interchangeable parts aren't.