From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 2.6.22-r9 installation problems
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 04:42:17
1 Jeff Cranmer wrote:
2 > When it fails after re-pointing the grub booter to /dev/sdb, it does
3 > at least fail so that I can get to a shell as root. dmesg doesn't
4 > work from the shell, however. I wonder if there is a command I can
5 > use to query the new sda and find out where it is getting it from?
8 oh. then you practically have a working system! If you can get to a shell.
9
10 You just need to mount /usr to the right place!
11
12 see if you can run busybox:
13
14 busybox cat /etc/fstab
15 busybox mount /dev/sdb<WHATEVER> /usr
16 busybox ... etc, etc, etc
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list