From: cal <cal@×××××××××.technology>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DNSmasq: to IPv6 or not to IPv6?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 02:58:54
1 On 8/17/22 05:53, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 13:33:30 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >> Hello list,
4 >>
5 >> My LAN server runs net-dns/dnsmasq, which was updated today. When I
6 >> restarted it I got a log entry that said it had been compiled with IPv6 -
7 >> but the only reference to that under /etc/portage is USE=-dnsmasq in
8 >> make.conf.
9 >
10 > Oops! That should have been USE=-ipv6, of course.
11 >
12 It seems upstream removed the ability to disable IPv6 at compile time
13 several years back:
14 https://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=ee8750451b49d27b180517a4e35b636be0fae575.
15 Ironic that the author included "I'm sure no-one wants or needs
16 IPv6-free code these days" in the commit message.
17
18 I suppose you could file a bug to remove the `ipv6` USE from the dnsmasq
19 ebuild since it no longer does anything.
20
21 cal