From: "James R. Campbell" <jamesc@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware-server requires a serial number, but is free? how does this work
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:05:39
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I've emerged and partly configured vmware-server-1.0.4, but it is
3 > asking for a 20-digit serial number to complete the configuration.
4 > I understood this to be a free product, as it says on the VMware
5 > site. But I didn't notice anything about a serial number. Do
6 > I just make it up, or did I miss something on vmware.com
7 > <http://vmware.com>?
8 >
9 > ++ kevin
10 >
11 > --
12 > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
13
14 Kevin,
15
16 You will need to register in order to acquire your free serial numbers:
17 http://register.vmware.com/content/registration.html
18
19 --James
22 "The innocent shall suffer... big time." -Ignignokt
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list