From: Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage tree hosed?
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 01:03:37
1 Greetings. I'm trying to set up a new Gentoo box.
2
3 I downloaded the latest portage snapshot, untared it and ran
4
5 emerge regen
6
7 now everything I try to emerge I get:
8
9 Security Violation: A file exists that is not in the manifest
10
11 >From doing a google, it looks like i need to run
12
13 emerge sync
14
15 in order to fix this. However, if I could sync then I wouldn't be
16 doing this. Everytime I try to sync it times out and I never finish.
17 I'm on dial-up, so it's a bit slow. I am trying to install
18 emerge-delta-webrsync and try from there, but of course, I can't emerge
19 anything . . .
20
21 Suggestions please?
22 Thanks in advance
23
24 Adrian
28 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
29
30 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
31 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
32 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls