From: "José Romildo Malaquias" <j.romildo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Choosing wired or wireless at boot time
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:12:58
1 Hello.
2
3 I have two network interfaces on my notebook: one wired (eth0) and one
4 wireless (wlan0). I am running ~amd64 on it.
5
6 I want two gentoo boot entries in grub: one (the default softlevel)
7 which starts wired networking (and not wireless), and another that
8 starts the wireless network (and not the wired).
9
10 For the later I have created a new softlevel named wireless, with all
11 services from default, except net.eth0. The default has net.eth0, but
12 not net.wlan0. Booting with default works as expected, but booting with
13 wireless starts both interfaces.
14
15 In /etc/rc.conf I have the lines:
16