From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome mplayer replacement
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 15:17:10
1 On 11/16/20 11:50 PM, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 08:37, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Thanks for any tips.
4 >
5 > If you don't *need* any fancy interface, you can't go wrong with mpv.
6 > It is a fork of mplayer, has space to pause, arrow keys to move
7 > back/forward a minute (up/down) or 10 sec (left/right). I've never
8 > needed anything else.
9 >
10 > Regards,
11 > Arve
14 The only downside to mpv is they've removed lirc support quite a long
15 time ago; if you use custom lirc/irexec to control HTPCs or the like
16 like I do it's a bit of a deal-breaker.
17
18 Dan