From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev full of pty* & tty* - is it normal?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:35:24
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Jarry writes:
5 >> I just noticed I have *a lot of* tty/pty files in dev:
6 >>
7 >> obelix ~ # ls -l /dev/pty* | wc -l
9 >> obelix ~ # ls -l /dev/tty* | wc -l
12 >> They have names from /dev/ptya0 till /dev/ptyzf, then
13 >> pty0-pty63, and ttya0-ttyzf. Is this normal? I thought
14 >> udev creates device-files as they are needed, so I'm
15 >> surprised to see so much of them...
18 > Seems to be normal, I get the same output on two of my Gentoo machines.
19 >
20 > Wonko
24 Same thing here. It's a old install so I expected some old things
25 before udev took over. I guess udev cleaned it up some.
26
27 Seems normal tho.
28
29 Dale