From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install help
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:59:26
1 On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 14:25 -0500, Bob Bao wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 >
4 > I am a new gentoo user here. I downloaded gentoo 2.6 liveCD from gentoo
5 > website. After couple time trying, finally I successfully complete the
6 > installing. But, after log in, I only get a xterm window and a session
7 > window. I think suppose I should get a graphic user interface like boot
8 > Thanks.
9 >
10 > Bob Bao
11
12 Did you remember to set the XSESSION variable in /etc/rc.conf? And have
13 you installed a desktop environment? I don't know what you have
14 already; I've never used the graphical installer...
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list