From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 4.1.1 Problems
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:39:09
1 On Monday 29 May 2006 01:25, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > Monday 29 May 2006 00:51 skrev Hemmann, Volker Armin:
3 > > > The digest still changed so it would have to be a mirror that the devs
4 > > > who created the digests used..
5 > >
6 > > what?
7 > >
8 > > I am talking about the problem, that mirrors might corrupt files and that
9 > > this is why making a new digest may not be a good idea. Also, it might be
10 > > possible, that someone hacked the file on the mirror.
11 > >
12 > > And what are you talking about?
13 > >
14 > > *confused*
15 >
16 > Like I stated in my previous mail I installed this a couple of weeks ago
17 > with the older, smaller version of the tar file. At that time there was no
18 > digest verification error which means that the digest fitted that tar file.
19 >
20 > When I reinstalled yesterday (after the ebuild had been bumped to -r1) but
21 > with the name of the tar file unchanged I ran into a digest verification
22 > error because the digest had changed to fit the newer, bigger tar file with
23 > the same name. Since the name was unchanged I had to delete the file to
24 > have the newer version downloaded which fitted the new digest...
25 >
26 > Note that the ebuilds of 1.03 and 1.03-r1 are identical. You get exactly
27 > the same software no matter which one of them you install. But since the
28 > tar file has changed you do not get the same as 2 weeks ago when I
29 > originally installed 1.03. I have exactly run a diff on those tar files so
30 > I can't tell if the difference is important...
31 >
32 > Please read the previous mail I sent 75 minutes ago. I hope I am more clear
33 > now..
34
35 yes you are
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list